April 30, 2012

RDJ Will Keep Playing Stark If The Films Are Good


Kevin Feige recently compared the character of Tony Stark to James Bond as in the future other actors could come in and continue the franchise. Robert Downey Jr. doesn't seem likely to leave the role anytime soon with Iron Man 3 coming out one year from now and Avengers 2 coming down the line as well. MTV spoke to RDJ about someone replacing him and gives an interesting answer, leaving the impression he's keen on more films for years to come.

"I would really hate for someone else to think they could step into my shoes. I wonder who's playing Tony Stark next. Is it you? Is that what you're here to tell me? I know things are looking like that they could go on for a long while. As usual in my book, it's all about quality control and delivering a product that you can have this kind of reaction to. If they keep doing that, maybe I'll keep showing up."

I wouldn't rule out him at least coming back to finish the Avengers trilogy and possibly Iron Man 4 and Iron Man 5. These films gave Robert his giant comeback and has lead to massive international appeal. It helped give legs to his Sherlock Holmes franchise and his future projects will always have a demand from international audiences. Stark is now a beloved character and we can shockingly separate the actor from the superhero, a very difficult feat.


No comments:

Post a Comment