January 22, 2012

Doug Liman Gives An Update On All You Need Is Kill

While Warner Bros. still mulls over what to do with Akira they have another manga adaptation about to go into production. All You Need Is Kill should start shooting sometime this year with Tom Cruise attached to star. Director Doug Liman spoke to Collider about the project and gave an encouraging update that it could be next.


"I’m hoping it’s going to be a film called All You Need is Kill, for Warner Bros. with Tom Cruise. It’s just figuring out everyone’s schedules, and if we can, in fact, do it next."


"Well, nothing I’ve done is like anything else I’ve done before, so that is one of my criteria. But, I just fell in love with the script. There is no other formula for me, in this business. If I’m not in love with the script, there’s nothing. It doesn’t matter what you give me. It has to start with the script. And, Dante Harper wrote a really cool script that’s unlike anything I’ve ever read. When you can come across a piece of material that’s totally original and fun and completely satisfying, you jump on it."


Kill has had it's problems in the past trying to nail down it's lead. With Cruise now attached the film's international appeal has gained tenfold and likely will be a priority at Warner Bros. From what I understand Tom's next project will be Horizons, another exciting science fiction action film with equally interesting story concepts.


No comments:

Post a Comment