October 9, 2010

CAST 'EM!: Zack Snyder's Superman

In the spirit of the new Superman film now directed by one of my favorite visual directors Zack Snyder. I've come up with who I'd like to see cast in the reboot. I believe with the history of Snyder's casting we'll see a decent balance of actors from both television and film cast. I'm just going to focus on the three main roles of the film.


Superman/Clark Kent: Henry Cavill should be on everyone's list to play this role. He previously had been close to playing the new Bond, Batman and even Superman. Henry has had some decent roles in the Tudors, Stardust, Whatever Works and his own upcoming fantasy action blockbuster Immortals. I still like the idea of bringing in Jon Hamm for the role but it's unlikely.



Zod: When it comes to who should play the rumored villain of the film Zod. Tom Hardy comes to mind I'm not sure how old they will be planning to go with the role. Hardy has had string of excellent films in the last couple of years including RockNRolla, scene stealing in Inception and his vicious performance in Bronson. I'm sure Warner Bros. is looking to cast Tom in another one of their big films. Now that production on Mad Max: Fury Road is being pushed back to 2012 he could be available. He's been rumored for the Riddler in Batman 3 so it could be problem if he get's the job.



Lois Lane: While I'm still keen on seeing Natalie Portman in the role Rebecca Hall fits it as well. Rebecca is another up and coming star like both Henry and Tom. Giving decent performances in Woody Allen's Vicky Christina Barcelona and recently in Warner Bros' The Town. Hall co-starred with Andrew Garfield (Spider-Man) in the haunting Red Riding 1974 which should be on everyone's radar and she's previously worked with producer/writer Christopher Nolan on The Prestige.






Feel free to comment on my choices and give your on thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment