September 25, 2010

How Marvel Should Approach The SHIELD Film: PART III [The Agents]

 I've covered both Hawkeye and Black Widow now I'll go over the supporting characters. We already know that  Coulson (Clark Gregg) will be involved with the film so I won't go over him. SHIELD has a long standing history of bringing back characters from the past. If Marvel was going to do that I'd expect they'd do it with Dum Dum Dugan (Neal McDonough) and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan). Sebastian has already stated he's signed on for two films beside Captain America and it doesn't look like Avengers will be one of them. I'm sure if the Infinity Formula is involved they could bring back many of the characters from the film. The most well known SHIELD Agents include Sharon Carter, Gabriel Jones and Maria Hill. Yet knowing Marvel they'll be bringing out bigger heroes into the spotlight.

NEW AGENTS:  Kevin Feige has been vocal about bringing both T'Challa (Black Panther) and Daniel Rand (Iron Fist) into the Marvel film universe. So I would expect that these two could play a bigger role in the SHIELD film. This would of course give audiences a chance to take in the characters before their own films are released.


CASTING: Wesley Snipes has been in talks with Marvel to play Black Panther since 1992 and was still involved up until 2006. It's unknown if Snipes will end up in the role since they've tested other actors such as Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Bourne Identity). Adewale spoke recently to MTV giving the impression he's being strongly considered.

“We’re talking to Marvel about ‘Black Panther… This is the first round, so you know, hopefully they’ll look at ‘G.I. Joe’ and see the potential. But it’s about time we have a black superhero, isn’t it?”

“He’s from a fictional village in Africa and the timing is so right for that kind of character to come through… And while I’m in my prime, this is the time. We’ve got [U.S. President Barack] Obama, now we need something on screen to represent, so… ‘Panther,’ man.”

Adewale's G.I. Joe co-star Ray Park (X-Men) has also been in talks with Marvel for years to play Iron Fist. Back in 2009 Park told MTV he still wants the role.

"I actually want to be Danny Rand -- I want to be Iron Fist, I want to do it," Park said. "I've been blond before. I'll work on the American accent as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment