January 5, 2010

REVIEW: 44 Inch Chest


When I first heard that the writer of Sexy Beast was having another one of his films starring Ray Winstone I got very excited. What ended up happening is that I was very disappointed with the movie. With popular British gangster films from Guy Ritchie and Matthew Vaughn you'd expect more action and even more violence. This film was awfully slow, dull and didn't have a great ending/climax. The film had very few set pieces which is even odd for an independent movie let alone a gangster film. It was mostly old timers talking gruff but never really doing anything. Winstone who I enjoy on a regular basis gave one of his worst performances ever and I blame the script. While interesting supporting characters, one played by Ian McShane get little screen time. The film's only good points were the cast and the cinematography. Don't expect to be thrilled by the movie if you end up checking it out.

C-

No comments:

Post a Comment