January 30, 2010

More Talk On Hulk 2 & Captain America


Director Louis Leterrier (Clash of The Titans) talked to MTV on the possiblity of Incredible Hulk 2 and Edward Norton returning.

"It can't just be 'Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry,'" he explained. "That would be a problem if you do the same thing over and over again. Edward's never done the same movie twice, so I don't think he would do that."

"If you find something interesting — yeah, I'm sure he would be back. He's a fanboy. He's as big a fanboy as you and me, maybe even more."

"The box office for 'Incredible Hulk' was great, but it wasn't so big that you had to make a sequel,"



Director Joe Johnston (Wolfman) recently talked to FilmJournal on the development of Captain America.

"I've got my next job and I'm not going to worry about the success or the failure of the picture," says Joe Johnston. "I can only use my instincts and say, 'I think this is the best version of that scene. This is the best take. This is the best piece of music for this scene.' And I can't start second-guessing myself and thinking, 'What does the audience want to see? What does the studio think is the best solution for this?' You can't start doing that, because after a while it all becomes a blur and you forget what your original instinct was."

"We're in prep," Johnston says. "Rick Heinrichs is production-designing and we're set up down in Manhattan Beach [California]. It's the part of the process that I love the most," he enthuses. "We have eight or ten really talented artists, and we all just sit around all day and draw pictures and say, 'Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?' It's that phase of the production where money doesn't matter: ‘Let's put all the greatest stuff up on the wall and [then later] see what we can afford.'" The film, he says at this early stage, will begin "in 1942, 1943" during World War II. "The stuff in the ’60s and ’70s [comic books] we're sort of avoiding. We're going back to the ’40s, and then forward to what they're doing with Captain America now."

No comments:

Post a Comment