January 13, 2010

Millar Thinks Ritchie Or Raimi Could Helm Nemesis


Comic book writer/creator Mark Millar is no stranger to comic book films. Two of his original comics have been turned into films and more on their way. Millar's newest project Nemesis boasts the interesting concept "What if Bruce Wayne was The Joker?". Similar to Kick-Ass it's already generating film potential before it's release on shelves. On his own site's forums he's been putting out who he'd like to see direct the film.

SAM RAIMI DIRECTING NEMESIS? WTF? Can I just stomp this rumour before it gets any further? This week CAA was approached by an A-list director to buy Nemesis before it goes to auction in March… but I just want to make it clear that Sam is not the guy who contacted my agent. I actually think he’s one of the three best living directors and would be honoured to have him on anything I do, but he’s not the guy who got in touch and the truth is that I’m not taking this out until March as originally planned.

RAIMI DIRECTING NEMESIS MIGHT NOT BE CRAZY AFTER ALL! Things move fast in Hollywoodland. I just woke up to some VERY unexpected emails…

I was actually going to talk to Guy about it in the next couple of weeks, but wondered if a brilliant cop versus brilliant supervillain might be too much like Sherlock Holmes. I’m seeing Matthew this week and will see what he reckons.



I think Guy Ritchie would be perfect for the violent nature of Millar's comic book world. The only issue is the one Millar brings up it could be too similar to his Sherlock Holmes series. While I'd like to see Sam Raimi jump into more comic book films I'm doubtful he could make the film Millar wants to see made. Raimi would more than likely do his version of Millar's material. My personal choice would to see director Matthew Vaughn re-team with Millar for Nemesis. I don't think it would be all that horrible for Millar and Vaughn to keep making films together. Kick-Ass 2 is already in the works but I could see Nemesis coming out before the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment