January 22, 2010

Lily Cole For Mary Jane Watson!


I recently watched Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and I was very impressed by the performance of Lily Cole. She's known as British model and really hasn't done much acting but did a fantastic job in Parnassus. Her character in the film was 16 years old that could be the right age the actress needed for the role would need to be able to play. From what I understood about the character in every incarnation I grew up with she was beyond gorgeous hence being an actress/model. This was because she was way out of Parker's league and he had to ware her down to see him more than just a friend. My biggest issue with Sam Raimi's MJ is that she seemed interested in Parker right off the bat. I hope that they explore MJ being strong and not letting people take advantage of her like in the Raimi films. She seemed to be the plot device for every previous Spider-Man ending by being kidnapped. She's good "supporting" character keep her that way, so other women in Parker's life like Gwen and Felicia get to be explored. It also wouldn't hurt to actually hire a naturally redheaded actress for the role.



No comments:

Post a Comment