August 28, 2009

Rob Zombie's Blob (2010-2011)



While Rob Zombie has both Werewolf Women of The SS and T-Rex on deck as his next films, he's decided to take on yet another project. This one is another remake but this time it will be it's third time being remade. I understand the original's camp factor is begging for a remake but the 1988 remake was enough. It was a contemporary remake and was it's own film, similar to the first Invasion of The Body Snatchers remake. Also like Body Snatchers I don't know if the third film will measure up to the first two. I like Zombie but usually only when he's sticking to his own material. He's a rare talent and I hope he doesn't get stuck making horror remakes for the rest of his directing career. I would expect him to be remaking Carpenter films rather than B-movie classics.

(1958)



(1988)

No comments:

Post a Comment